Event to benefit Make-A-Wish® Greater Los Angeles
Commemorating 20 Years of Making Dreams Come True with Charity Poker Ride, Fashion Show, Stunt Shows, Sales Event, Live Bands, DJs, Special Rentals and special guest performance by Gilby Clarke formerly of Guns N’ Roses
EagleRider, the world’s largest motorcycle rental and tour company, will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a three-day event this weekend at its World Headquarters in Hawthorne, California, benefiting the Make-A-Wish® Greater Los Angeles Chapter. The celebration will begin on Thursday July 19 with a motorcycle sales event and conclude on the evening of Saturday the 21st as EagleRider will transform its headquarters into a red carpet entertainment extravaganza featuring live bands, DJs, charity casino, motorcycle stunt teams, EagleRider Girls Fashion Show, lavish VIP packages along with some of LA’s best food trucks and retail vendors.
EagleRider encourages all motorcycle enthusiasts to participate in a Charity Poker Ride starting in the morning on the 21st (benefiting Make-A-Wish as well) in the LA area for a chance to win prizes. All events are open to the general public.
“This celebration is a culmination of 20 years of blood, sweat and tears so to speak as we pioneered the motorcycle rental and travel industry,” said Chris McIntyre, president and founder of EagleRider. “We want to thank our loyal customers and partners with a night to remember, but at the same time, we are thrilled to support Make-A-Wish and continue our commitment to giving back to the community. We look forward to another 20 years of defining the motorcycle industry and fulfilling dreams around the globe.”
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – at Eaglerider Headquarters, 11860 S. La Cienega Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Thursday, July 19
- 10am-6pm – Motorcycle Sales Event & 20% off selected EagleRider merchandise
Friday, July 20
- 9am-6pm – Motorcycle Tent Blow-Out Sale with 20% off selected EagleRider merchandise, live music & food
Saturday, July 21
- 9am-6pm – Motorcycle Tent Blow-Out Sale with 20% off selected EagleRider merchandise, bands, DJs, food trucks, kid’s area and motorcycle stunt shows
- 10am-3pm – Charity Poker Run – riders will visit 5 locations in the LA area to receive a playing card – winners with the best hand qualify for prizes – tickets cost $40 with net proceeds benefiting Make-A-Wish
- 8pm-2am – 20th Birthday Bash – live performances by LA rock legends Metal Shop and 70s classic rock ANTHEM along with international favorite DJ Splyce (and other DJs to be announced), EagleRider Girls Fashion Show, Charity Casino (prizes include Las Vegas trips, iPads, Droids and more), and full service VIP areas. The evening will also include a special guest performance by guitarist and record producer Gilby Clarke formerly from Guns N’ Roses.
EagleRider is offering two levels of tickets to enhance the experience of the Birthday Bash (with net proceeds benefiting Make-A-Wish):
- $40 level – complimentary “top shelf” bar with chances to win prizes throughout the evening
- $75 “VIP” level – complimentary “top shelf” bar and catered food in VIP area, access to VIP lounge, prizes and entry into Charity Poker Run
Tickets can purchased online at: http://eagleriderevents.com
EagleRider also acknowledges its corporate partners for their support of the anniversary events: GOLD Level – Tucker Rocky; SILVER – Edelman, Group One, GE and Philadelphia Insurance; and BRONZE – Caliber Group, Dominion PowerSports Solutions, Fulmer Helmets, MGI Shipping, MotoLease, RPM One, United Leasing Inc., and Westwood Co., with special thanks to Charles, Kane & Dye LLP, Truckers Bank Plan and SIEMENS Healthcare.
“We are also thrilled our anniversary event will coincide with the conclusion of our sponsorship of the Kiehl’s Since 1851 LifeRide in Washington, DC at amfAR’s Together We Stand AIDS Gala, which is the evening before the start of the International AIDS Conference being held in the US for the first time,” said Shannon Diem, Global Marketing Director for EagleRider. More than 20 motorcycle riders, including Kiehl’s USA President Chris Selgardo and amfAR’s CEO Kevin Robert Frost, are riding from Miami to DC on July 13-21 to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS with the support of EagleRider. July is National HIV Awareness Month.
EagleRider Looks Back on 20 Years
EagleRider began revolutionizing the motorcycle rental and travel industry in 1992 with the philosophy of “We Rent Dreams” for its customers. During the past two decades, EagleRider has:
- Served over 500,000 customers with more than 60,000 customers in 2011
- Purchased more than $250 million in motorcycles and accessories since 1992 – making EagleRider one of, if not, the largest buyers of its kind
- The Largest Selection of motorcycles used for touring and sales, the most popular of its inventory base are Harley-Davidson’s Electra® Glide® Classic, Road King® and Heritage Softail® Classic
- Single handedly, pioneered the motorcycle tour experience with the Route 66, the Wild West and Pacific Coast Tour™ routes among more than 50 guided and self-drive tours in its inventory
- Grew American tourism to international travelers wanting to live the American Dream which now accounts for more than 50% of its overall revenue led by Germany, UK, France and Canada; the company is also experiencing accelerated growth in Brazil, China and Eastern Europe
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH ® GREATER LOS ANGELES
The Greater Los Angeles chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation was formed in 1983. The charter has fulfilled more than 7,700 wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. According to a 2011 study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed say a wish come true can affect their health outcomes. Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illness, and their parents say these experiences strengthen the entire family. For more information, including how you can help refer a child for a wish, participate in Adopt-A-Wish, or donate in-kind gifts of goods or services, airline frequent flier miles, or vehicles, please call (800) 322-9474 or visit www.wishla.org. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
In 1992, EagleRider pioneered the Harley-Davidson® motorcycle rental concept and the guided motorcycle tour business. Today, we are the world’s largest motorcycle travel and tourism company. EagleRider understands the needs of motorcycle enthusiasts and adventure travelers; offering over 4,000 perfectly maintained Harley, Honda, BMW, Triumph and many other motorcycle models in more than 100 locations worldwide. Our vast network of EagleRider locations allows us the unique ability to offer One-Way Rentals, Guided Tours and Self-Drive Tours from the most desirable tourist destinations in the world. For more information, please visit www.EagleRider.com, like us on Facebook at EagleRider Motorcycle Tours and follow on Twitter @EagleRider.